Thursday, November 19, 2009

Californian/Canadian Coping

In-n-Out Burger has spread it's tentacles into my hometown. I'm not really super excited. I like In-n-Out just fine, but it was as much a vacation-novelty as anything. Plus, as nice as it is to have it around, now I'll have to deal with a bunch of sideburned Laker fans and blond girls with big earrings congregating too close to home.


The real upside of this event is that I discovered how much I enjoy saying the name of the burgery in a Canadian accent: En-n-Oot, eh?

It's a small victory, but it's getting me through the day.

(Also, I just invented the word "burgery," which helps.)

1 comment:

Holdinator said...

I got stuck in the mile-long drive through line for the In-N-Out in Draper on Thursday (and not because I was getting lunch). All I wanted to do was get out of the parking lot, but orange cones and law enforcement prohibited my escape until I was a mile up a side street.